Monday, September 15, 2008

My Personal Challenge


 
My personal challenge is NOT to climb Mount Everest!

At 29,028 feet (8,848 meters), Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world. Known as Sagarmatha, or Goddess of the Sky, in Nepal. Mount Everest has a mystical appeal that attracts thousands of hopeful climbers every year. Between 1922 and 2006, Everest has been climbed by almost 3000 people from twenty countries. More than 200 have lost their lives. I have no "mystical appeal" to add to that number.

There are thousands and thousands of doctors, engineers, lawyers, & Indian Chiefs. I have no desire to add to that number, either.
My mountain to climb, my patient to heal, my client to get off Scot free for murder, my skyscraper to build, my sharing the peace pipe with "braves"... My personal challenge is to convenience, the doctor, the lawyer, the engineer, the 10 little Indians that the golf swing is not technical and that too much study is directly proportionate to how badly the golfer goofs.

Now that might sound easy, depending on how you, the reader, is wired. but, But, BUT__ if you're wired "TECHNICAL", to get re-wired will it take a paradigm shift more difficult than climbing Mount Everest, naked, sprayed with water, wind chill factor of Minus that's Oh My Nus -46 degrees, dragging a 360# Olympic Barbell Set behind__ with a 1,000# chain. More difficult than catching a bullet in the dark with your teeth. More difficult than herding cats or nailing jello to the wall. The technical/analytical approach will make the golfer stumble over their own feet in an attempt to climb to the summit of Mount Golf, because they study too much and think too much and make it far more difficult than it really really is.

The more golfers study, the more lessons they take, the more books they read, the more videos they watch, the more hours wasted watching the golf channel, the more likely their frozen stiff bodies will be found at the bottom of a 5,000 foot crevice, come spring.

Jim McLellan
The AntiPro/The Maverick
Visit or Return to McGolf Home of the Perfect Golf Swing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well fortunately I’m not a technical person. I don’t want or need to know how the engine in my car works, just as long as it does!

I don’t want to know how my telly (TV) works just as long as it works this weekend when Europe beat the USA in the Ryder Cup!!!

Ya’ll have a nice weekend…

Anonymous said...

Well I am a technical person... yet I can appreciate the beauty of simplicity.

"Beauty in function" is my motto.

The Anti-Pro's vids -- with work on m part -- have fixed my slice and given me control over the golf ball.

Three little swing things, plus the arm turn when I get the driver out of the bag. That's all this technician needs to have fun.

The Anti-Pro said...

Mr. Tech (Wavy).

Welcome to the sane and simple side of golf. We're having a great time, aren't we?

Jim